Friday, August 29, 2008

Fast Forward

Wow, seems I've skipped June, July, and almost all of August!!

So where have I been? Lets see....AGM at work was in June. Got that over and done with. Hubby was gone for 2 months for training, leaving me home by myself (he came back last weekend). That was an adjustment, shopping by myself, being car-less, taking public transit to and from work, and also doing house chores by myself. Now I'm adjusting to him being home again.


While hubby's away, this girl can play.... (and play and play and play!)

Fun things though.....having the house to myself, having a schedule all my own, and also invited one of my sisters to stay overnight a few times. :) We made cards, watched tv, ordered out for dinner. It was sooo nice. I also played piano (sometimes all day), learned two new songs (and still trying to perfect them), and memorized one song that my hubby loves. :)

I also took 3 weeks off though while hubby was away, which was nice. Three weeks to myself. I stayed home and relaxed for the most part. Enjoyed and also loathed the very brief hot weather we had (*hate allergies*) as opening the windows was always an inner debate....should I, shouldn't I, do I really want to take Benadryl, etc etc. (I ended up opening the windows a lot more often than I probably should have.)

I was also able to play my fave online game FFXI, and ended up getting a lot achieved (not like it means much to most people, but it means a lot to me). I also enjoyed hanging out with my in-game friends, whom some I've known for 3 years now, and catch up on what's been going on with their lives. I organized the house a bit, sorted through my clothes and managed to get some more closet space (only to go out and buy some more clothes). Yeah, typical girl here....although I don't shop as much as some people I know..... I also tried to organize hubby's side of the closet, and his drawers. I knew he had a lot of grey, white and blue t-shirts, but never realized exactly HOW many, until I folded them and sorted them by colour.....

I also worked on my creative writing project, which was great, sorted my music files. The only thing I DIDN'T get around to, but wanted to get done, was to start my recipe book.....I did manage to cut out and stamp out the recipe cards but for some reason I can't seem to actually sit down and write out the recipes.... Mostly because I haven't figured out the exact format I want to use.

I also went to Whistler with my oldest sis for a few days. It was our spa trip, which is now turning into an annual event. :) I got a nice massage, and even tried acupuncture. It was great! I'm gonna ask hubby to join us next year, or we can go by ourselves on a separate trip. :)

But my vacation is now over, hubby is back home and things are going "back to normal", or to however they were before. I did manage to make some cards this week. Only a few, but I'll be cleaning up my desk space so I can actually take a nice picture and update my crafting blog.... And now I'm thinking of card club projects too (now that people will be coming back from vacation), as well as planning Christmas card projects!! (yes I'm always nutty, thinking of Christmas shopping and making Christmas projects even before Fall has come.....)

And with this rainy weather, it seems Summer really *is* over. September is coming up and work is picking back up again. It's back to work and overtime, and limited free time etc. But that's alright.... hubby is back home. :)

I've had my fun while he was gone but its nice to have him back, just in time for our anniversary. :)

No comments: