Thursday, March 29, 2012

The joys of being 10 months old

Yesterday I realized that the Littlest One would be 10 months old today. This morning I completely forgot about it.

I forgot about a lot of things actually. I woke up at 7:30 am to the cries of the Bigger One calling for Mommy. It took me a moment to remember that the Littlest One didn't wake me up for his usual 6:00 am or 6:30 am feeding. I really had to think hard whether I woke up earlier than 7:30 am. Maybe I had forgotten I fed him, because I've forgotten before. But I did not forget. He didn't wake me up.

So instead of the usual morning routine, it had to be switched up first so that the Littlest One could get his milk first. That meant that the Biggest One could sit in bed with mommy and watch TV of all things! But that wasn't the only surprise in store.

We had a very nice unexpected visit from Poh Poh and Little B! Little B and the big Z had lots of fun together, although Z didn't want to share her toys. I had to remind her that we share things with people who visit, and then she let Little B have the blanket (that's what B was holding at the time). And then it was time for "school". Poor B wanted to stay. Awww. But off to school they went.

But back to the Littlest One's 10 month old birthday (which we all forgot)....the Littlest One still got his birthday fun because for the first time, he got a ride in the laundry basket! YAAAY! Inside the empty basket he sat, with a blanket behind him and a stuffed toy in front of him, and he was pushed from living room to kitchen and then back again (many times). He had soo much fun! What a great birthday present for him!

Happy 10 month birthday Littlest One. I'm only sad because that means I have to go back to work soon. :(

As much work as it is, I'm gonna miss the fun with the babies. Maybe I should actually go buy lottery tickets......

No comments: