Monday, March 26, 2012

Kayaks and Tire Swings

This Sunday was quite an unexpected day as well. I woke up to a beautiful sunshine-filled day and a feeling of adventure. In other words, I was tired of going to the mall every weekend, and I wanted to do something different with the family. Ideas were passed around including Science World (they are having a Lego show), and going to Granville Island. Well, with Science World admission at $28 for an adult (or something like that) plus paying for parking, we opted for Granville Island.

The toddler had a lot of fun and I think the baby enjoyed the sights too. We saw kayaks on the water, there were a lot of people and kids walking around, we saw a magic performance, lots of toys, and the toddler even got to sit on a tire swing! She was so brave, and had lots of fun, she didn't want to get off!

I even found sheeps-milk gouda cheese, which is quite tasty and it doesn't give me allergies! It tastes much better than goats-milk cheese, which has that off-flavour. If you've ever had goats milk cheese, you know what I'm talking about. The toddler even had a sample and liked it! I have to keep telling her its mommy's special cheese and she can only have a little bit!

Anyway, we will go back again sometime with the weather getting nicer. And we can plan it better too so we can pack our own lunches instead of having to go buy expensive food.

I think this was the best family outing day we've had in a long time. It sure beats going to the mall!

No comments: