Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Time is Here.....

Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of the year~


And of course that means, shopping, eating, family events, Christmas cards and decorations, Christmas baking....

For me, Christmas usually starts in October. Well, not really....but that's when I start thinking about Christmas. I start thinking about what gifts I'm going to buy, how much to spend, and Christmas events and activities.

Since I've been married, Christmas activities have pretty much doubled....twice the family functions, twice the work-related functions, twice the parties, twice the cookies to bake, twice the cards to give out. It is now a fairly stressful period for my husband and me. The time we get to ourselves is cherished and protected all that much more.

This year is no different. I am, however, happy to have all these events to go to, and happy to make the Christmas cards to send out, and very happy to do the baking (and eating). This year is just a little trickier for me, as I'm supposed to be following a strict diet (aka my allergies suck).

I do hope, however, that hubby and I will have a nice quiet Christmas together, and that through all the hustle and bustle, we'll be able to have some of that little magic together. Afterall, Christmas would not be Christmas without family.

1 comment:

frodowm. said...

You forgot... Twice the eating!! And Twice the presents!!!