Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anticipation

Today is the day when a new family member is going to be welcomed into the clan (officially!).

All the family has already opened their hearts to the little baby boy who is going to be my nephew. I feel so much love when I think about the little guy and his parents, who have been waiting for his entry into their lives, for a long time. This is what they have wanted most in the world, and I know they have loved him even before they ever knew of his existence.

It will be such a special moment when they first lay eyes on the little one and greet him for the first time.

Meanwhile, I am trying to think of ways I can help them to transition into being new parents and how to help them prepare for the sleepless nights, midnight feedings, over-bearing family members and friends, and the over-all lack of time to do anything.

Everything is going to change, and they're going to cherish every moment.

No comments: